HOW TO TURN ON COMPATIBILITY VIEW IN IE10
To turn on Compatibility View
See if the Compatibility View button appears in the Address bar. (If you don't see the button, there's no need to turn on Compatibility View.)
Tap or click the Compatibility View button to display the site in Compatibility View.
Once you turn on Compatibility View, Internet Explorer will automatically show that site in Compatibility View each time you visit. You can turn it off by tapping or clicking the button
again. Or, you can clear the entire list of sites using Compatibility View by deleting your browsing history.
HOW TO TURN ON COMPATIBILITY VIEW IN IE11
- First of all, open up Internet Explorer 11 of Windows 8.1 from desktop. Once opened, open up the web page which you want to open in compatibility view.
- Once opened, you would need to access the menu bar of IE which can be accessed by pressing the Alt key on your keyboard.
Tip: Touch screen users can use the on-screen keyboard’of Windows by searching it from Search Charm. It contains the Alt key.
- Once you have the menu bar opened, go to Tools menu and select Compatibility View settings.
- A pop-up window would open entitled as Compatibility View Settings. Here you can enter the URL (address) of the web pages which you want to open in compatibility view. The web page which was open would automatically be added to the text box and pressing Add would add it to compatibility view list.
Note: To improve the compatibility of different websites, it is recommended that you keep the Use the Microsoft compatibility lists option checked.
- Once you have entered your desired web sites in the compatibility view settings, press Close. The web pages will refresh and open in compatibility settings whose URLs were added to the list.
- That's all! Enjoy viewing the web pages in compatibility view with better loading.
Note: The Modern-UI Internet Explorer 0f Windows 8.1 will also open the web pages in the same compatibility settings like on desktop version.